In-house leadership training
I run in-house leadership training courses for groups of experienced leaders wanting to experiment with and experience more grounded, open-hearted, flexible forms of leadership.
These courses are a unique opportunity to learn about and practice more 'soulful', context-attuned forms of leadership in a well-contained, relatively risk-free creative space.
More traditional forms of leadership tend to be linear and cognitive, and work well in times of stability, when the context feels predictable and reasonably well under control.
The approaches covered by this type of course offer effective ways of 'being' and acting as a leader when the context is more multi-layered and unpredictable.
There is very little within mainstream leadership education that prepares us for this, so for many people this can feel like a first step. It is important work, and it requires dedication, yet happily there is no right or wrong - only practice.
Topics covered include:
- experiments with presence; arriving fully, ways we lose our ground, trusting experience
- conscious conversations; what does it take to listen, what does it take to be open/authentic?
- moments of truth in organisatinal life: meetings, aloneness, teamwork...
- cultivating a sensitivity to the 'fields' of connection - beyond and including personal dynamics, loyalty groups
- leading change with fludity - what's required, how to practice: live case studies